Capel To Debut New COCO and Gorder Collections In Vegas
New designs recently added to the high-profile Genevieve Gorder and COCOCOZY licensed rug programs are making their debut in the Capel Rugs showroom at the January 23 to 27 Las Vegas Market in the World Market Center’s Building A, Space A-133. The company’s flagship line is also being expanded at Market.
“We’re so excited to share these stylish new rugs with customers in the West and other markets,” said Cameron Capel, president of sales and marketing for Capel Rugs. “The introductions we made to these two programs were a big hit in the fall, and we expect the latest Genevieve Gorder and COCOCOZY designs to gain even more floor space for us at the winter market.”
One of America’s favorite interior fashion experts, Genevieve Gorder is an award-winning designer and TV host, appearing regularly on Netflix, HGTV including the 2021 White House Christmas Tour, Sony Channel Asia and The Design Network and as a regular contributor to the Rachael Ray show. In 2011, she teamed up with Capel Rugs to create the highly successful Genevieve Gorder rug line.
“Genevieve finds beauty and inspiration in everyday life and reinterprets those elements to create one-of-a-kind designs that are playful and hip,” Capel said.
At the January Las Vegas Market, Capel Rugs will spotlight a wide mix of new Genevieve Gorder designs. Introductions include four Wilton woven machine made groups in easy care 100% olefin:
- Deco, three architecturally inspired patterns in gray, natural and multi colorways with a high pile. A timeless marriage of pattern and shape, Deco features simple recto-linear geometries combined with a lovely curve. A 5’x 8′ rug may retail for under $349.
- Arrows, a group of three vibrantly colored geometric patterns in gray, natural and multi colorways. Imperfectly perfect with a hand-drawn feel, Arrows fits beautifully into any room of the house. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $349.
- La Fete de Dot, a high-pile design in a lively multi colorway. Suitable for any room seeking a fun accent, La Fete de Dot features sprinkles of colorful dots dancing on a cream background. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $349.
- Tropical Fete, a lush, nature-inspired design in three unique colorways of blue multi, red multi and sunlight multi. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $249.
In addition, the Genevieve Gorder for Capel Rugs line also features two new reversible woven dhurrie rug models in 100% PET fiber recycled from plastic. For use outdoors as well as indoors, these new collections include:
- Azteca features simple and familiar shapes from ancient times. Azteca is available in three sizes and two colorways — indigo/taupe and multi gray — with a 5′ x 8′ rug priced to retail under $499.
- With a repetitive pattern that unravels into spontaneous moments, Vintage Moroc creates an artful dance of ancient shapes. Three sizes and five colorways are available — Green Gray, Black Gray, Indigo Gray. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $499.
Criss-Cross, a hand tufted cut-and-loop, hi-lo construction made in India of 100% undyed wool with natural and graphite colorways, rounds out the latest additions to the Genevieve Gorder line. Inspired by ancient basket patterns, Criss-Cross features simple geometric shapes that are familiar yet new. Three sizes are available, and a 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $499.
Also being expanded with an assortment of dynamic new designs is Capel Rugs’ COCOCOZY program. A Los Angeles-based entrepreneur, design blogger and home furnishings designer, Colette Shelton — also known as “COCO” — is one of Forbes Magazine’s Top 30 Influencers and has been featured in numerous online and print publications, including House Beautiful, Architectural Digest, Lonny, Domino, Rue and My Domaine.
“COCO is a highly creative designer with a gift for creating fashion-forward rugs that are livable and affordable,” Capel said.
At the Las Vegas Market, Capel Rugs will feature five transitional/contemporary COCOCOZY collections. They include two hand tufted, 100% wool collections made in India: Escape, in denim and cloud colorways; and Pulse, in mineral/cream, graphite and mushroom/cream colorways. Both collections feature a hi-lo textured pile that uses a mix of loop and cut yarns in various thicknesses. A 5’x 8′ rug in either collection may retail for under $499.
In addition COCOCOZY is debuting Happy Day, a tufted loop construction sourced from India featuring 100% recycled PET yarns with a fun, upbeat design in meadow, marble and onyx colorways; and Cobblestone, a transitional, Wilton-woven design in 100% olefin with cream/blue and mushroom colorways. A 5′ x 8′ Cobblestone rug may retail for under $349.
In addition to new licensed rugs, Capel Rugs also is showing a new transitionally styled collection in Las Vegas called Freeport. Inspired by the serene harbor village and picturesque views of Casco Bay, Maine, the themes and colors of Freeport reflect classic seaside scenes, from sandy beaches to the unique shades of the area’s waters.
Hand loomed in India of 100% wool, Freeport features a reversible construction that is available in six colorways — sage, gray, cloud, navy, vanilla and beige. The rugs sport a slight abrash effect on the solid tones along with a ribbed pattern. A wide range of sizes is available, and a 5′ x 8′ foot rug may retail for under $380.
Also new for the Capel Rugs line are two new models being added to the Metropolis collection — Braga, in a slate colorway, and Madeira, in a multi colorway. Metropolis is a Wilton woven collection of transitional and traditional designs made of 100% New Zealand wool. Capel Rugs plans to add more colors to the popular collection in early 2022.
During market, Capel Rugs is offering a special “Buy More, Save More” promotion on its latest introductions as well as existing collections. The promotion starts with a 10% discount on the purchase of 10 to 14 rugs. For purchases of 15 to 19 rugs, buyers will receive a 15% discount, and purchases of 20 or more rugs earn a 20% discount.