Creative Colorations & Textures Highlight Capel’s High Point Market Intros
A sophisticated new wool rug collection featuring gorgeous colorations and lush textures and a new versatile braid will be in the spotlight in Capel Rugs’ showroom, in Market Square space 112, at the April 22 to 26 High Point Market.
“We are keen to keep our newness coming and are supporting our retailers with great looks, designs, prices and quality,” said Cameron Capel, president – sales and marketing for Capel Rugs about the company’s strategy for market.
To help retailers spark business during the summer months, Capel Rugs will offer up to 25% off on its popular line of indoor/outdoor/easy care performance rugs. And to create excitement at market, it is decorating its showroom with an assortment of fun neon signs and a photo booth, where retailers and designers can take selfies for sharing with colleagues, friends and family.
The new collection on tap for Capel Rugs is Aria. Hand woven in India, Aria makes a stylish transitional statement with its beautifully designed geometric yet organic bohemian-influenced patterns. The collection features natural undyed wool that is hand carded, with a lush, high-low profile.
Four colors are available, including black/white, ivory, natural and beige, in four sizes – 3’ x 5’, 5’ x 8’, 8’ x 10’ and 9’ x 12’. A 5’ by 8’ size may retail for $699.
“You can feel the breath of fresh air in this collection that’s created by the cloudlike quality of the wool,” Cameron Capel said. “The tonal values and amazing textures of this high-low pile also blend perfectly with the boho style. It’s a very attractive, eco-friendly rug design.”
In addition to these new hand woven designs, Capel Rugs plans to add a new indoor/outdoor braided rug collection in coastal styling this market called Down East. Made in the USA of 100% texturized polypropylene, this design is constructed with two braid types to create a high-low pile and texture. The larger, outer braid features a scalloped edge, and the tone-on-tone color palette provides a soothing feel.
Down East comes in four colors – sand dollar, marsh grass, cape shoals and oyster rock.
“The colors are reminiscent of the coastal area around the North Carolina Outer Banks,” Capel adds. “And the synthetic yarns provide strength and durability, making this a wonderfully textural reversible rug.”
At market, Capel Rugs is also debuting two new machine-made collections –Captiva and Retreat — that can be used in outdoor environments. Both are woven on Wilton looms using weather-durable 100% olefin yarns. Two sizes are available in each collection – 5’3” x 7’6” and 7’10” x 10’10”, and a 5’3 x 7’6” model may retail for $199.
Captiva features four patterns and nine colorways: Ikat, in navy, red, ivory and brown; Tabriz, in navy and red; Tile, in blue; and Zuo, in ocean and multi. Styling includes traditional, transitional and coastal/modern motifs.
Retreat features two patterns and five colorways: Haven, in slate and umber; and Lodge, in denim, ivory and smoke. Styling includes lodge/southwest and transitional themes.
Retailers and designers shopping the market also will see a variety of dynamic new transitional and traditional designs in the Capel Rugs showroom this spring. They include pattern and color additions to Zenith, a new collection introduced at the October High Point Market that’s off to a strong start at retail. Lava, an existing pattern, is now available in an ocean colorway, and a new pattern – Fossil – is being introduced in a harbor colorway.
A timely collection with a plush high-low texture and a lively blending of natural colors, Zenith features raised patterning that adds flair as well as a feeling of movement and fluidity. The Zenith collection is machine made in Turkey on Wilton looms using a blend of 90% polyester and 10% olefin yarns.
“These beautiful area rugs will impart a luminous feeling wherever they are placed,” said Capel.
Also being expanded with six colors this market is Verve, a hand-knotted collection of updated Oushak patterns from India made of 100% wool. The new colors include sherbet/multi, pewter/denim, dark gray/multi, spring multi, berry multi and orchard multi.
“The Verve collection lives up to its name,” Capel said. “These designs are distinguished by their vitality, energy and liveliness.”
- Avery, a machine made collection in 100% New Zealand wool, features three new colors. The Bahktiar pattern is adding a navy/linen colorway, the Keshan pattern is introducing a sage tone, and the Tabriz pattern is being expanded with indigo/sand. Made in Moldova on Wilton looms, Avery features a high level of detail and a vintage, laid back vibe.
- Braymore, a tranquil, cozy hand knotted collection made in India that reinterprets timeless Ziegler and Ashak designs, is being expanded with a new design called Sutton, in a vintage sepia colorway. Rendered in hushed tones with subtle color gradations created by 100% space dyed wool, this creative hand knotted collection puts a fresh spin on classic motifs.
- Charise, an upscale, hand knotted traditional collection from India, is adding a new pattern called Palmette in a dark denim colorway. The 100% wool collection includes an assortment of classic motifs updated for today’s lifestyles in a fresh, appealing mix of colors.
- Jules, a traditional design machine made on Wilton looms in Moldova of easy-care olefin, is adding two new patterns in three colorways: Serapi, in rust; and navajo, in silver and clay/turquoise. Designed for high-traffic areas with an assortment of timeless designs and fashion-forward colors, Jules’ latest additions are in transitional styling with a Lodge/Southwest flair.
- Lineage, a collection of machine-made designs in 100% New Zealand wool, is adding four new patterns this market. They include Panel, in multi; Keshan, in sand; Medallion, in laurel, steel blue and sand; and Kilim, in cadet blue, sangria and oatmeal. In addition, a new color – bone/teal – is being added to the Heriz pattern. The collection’s styles range from traditional to transitional, with some Lodge/Southwest and geometric themes as well.