IMC Announces Virtual Programming And Expanded Resources For Designers
International Market Centers (IMC) announced that Las Vegas Design Center (LVDC) will debut a new showroom at Summer Las Vegas Market, Aug. 30 – Sep. 3, 2020 and present two virtual programs in August including its monthly First Friday webinar and the 2020 ANDYZ Awards presentation.
“LVDC continues to grow as the premier designer resource in Southern Nevada and the Southwest,” said Cain Brodie, general manager of LVDC. “We remain committed to providing the trade with a unique, well-rounded selection of key manufacturers and products. And like everyone else, are learning how to adapt to this new business environment.”
New Showroom Debuts in LVDC
Las Vegas Design Center is home to nearly 30 to-the-trade showrooms showcasing 120+ product lines. This summer, lighting leader Visual Comfort & Co. will debut a new 2,656-square-foot showroom (A109). The new space will serve as a western hub for the bellwether company and feature its Visual Comfort, Tech Lighting, Generation Lighting and Monte Carlo Fans lines.
Other key LVDC resources include manufacturer’s representative Area West; Capel Rugs; Eastern Accents; European Bath, Kitchen, Tile & Stone; Four Hands; Global Views; Leftbank Art; Phillips Collection and Vanguard Furniture, among others.
Design-Driven Programming Takes Center Stage this August
LVDC’s “First Friday” seminars are free to designers and feature a wide range of speakers and educational content geared toward the interior design community. The August webinar, titled Design Triage 2020: Pivot Your Business for Today’s Challenges, is presented by Terri Taylor, founder of Interior Design Business Academy, and gives insight into overcoming uncertainty to discover new design business opportunities. The session is from 10 to 11:30 (PT) on Friday, Aug. 7. For more information and registration, go to https://interiordesignbusinessacademy.com/design-triage-2020-las-vegas/.
Las Vegas Design Center and the California Central/Nevada Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) also will present the 2020 ANDYZ Awards from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, Aug. 12. During the virtual celebration, 10 winners will be recognized for their design savvy.
The 2020 ANDYZ awards winners are:
- Best Residential Bathroom Design: Wendy Glaister of Wendy Glaister Interiors in Modesto, California
- Best Commercial Design: Jamie Stringham of Interior Dynamics and Laura Fullow of Laura Fullow Designs in Las Vegas
- Best Custom Furnishings Design: Emily Roose of Emily Roose Interiors in Truckee, California
- Best Hospitality Design: Karen Buttrum and Casey Clark of MBA Architecture + Interior Design in Reno, Nevada
- Best Residential Interior Design: Marcio Decker of Aspen Leaf Interiors in Reno, Nevada
- Best Kitchen Design: Christopher Grubb of Interiors Design Group in Los Angeles
- Best Multiple Residential Design: Lori Brazier of House of Brazier in Sacramento
- Best Showroom Design: Michele Youell of Natural Domain Interiors in Las Vegas
- Best Outdoor Space Design: Christopher Grubb of Interiors Design Group in Los Angeles
- Best Student Design: Marisol Coria, 2020 Graduate of California State University at Fresno in Fresno, California
The ANDYZ Awards were created in 2015 to recognize exceptional design from interior designers, architects and design students. Interior design projects in residential, commercial and hospitality categories were judged by a panel of ASID board members and by an editorial member from media sponsor Furniture, Lighting and Décor on five main criteria: presentation; innovation/creative use of space; scale and functionality; aesthetics; and overall execution.
In addition to being recognized during the event, the 10 honorees will have their projects featured in the Kitchen & Bath Resource Center (A110) during Summer 2020 Las Vegas Market. For more information and to register, go to https://imcenters.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ADKE7LM4SbCB0t4QbUlYIw.
Las Vegas Design Center is located at World Market Center Las Vegas on the first two floors of Building A and offers interior designers and other members of the trade year-round access to a comprehensive selection of the industry’s finest product lines. To learn more, go to https://www.lvdesigncenter.com.
Las Vegas Design Center showrooms are open during IMC’s bi-annual Las Vegas Market, the leading home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting 4,300+ gift, home décor and furniture resources, allowing for cross-category commerce among these industries. The Summer 2020 Las Vegas Market runs Aug. 30 – Sept. 3, 2020, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.