Quality Adds New Designs To Most Popular Collections
Kalaty Rug Corporation introduces a slate of new collections and adds new designs to many of its existing best-selling collections. Among Kalaty’s newest introductions are heirloom-quality rugs in a variety of constructions, textures and patterns ranging from modern takes on traditional motifs to borderless transitional styles to energetic abstract designs featuring hand-carving and/or unique textural effects.
New designs added to existing high-end, hand-knotted collections:
- Juno (3 new additions)
(Hand knotted/100% Silkette™; Tibetan knot weave; colorful abstract designs; some with hand carving for high-low textural effects)
- Equinox (1 new addition)
(Hand knotted/combination of premium wool & Silkette™; Tibetan knot weave; modern, high-energy abstract designs; some with hand carving for high-low textural effects)
- Horizons (2 new additions)
(Hand knotted/combination of premium wool & Silkette™; updated-traditional floral designs with erased effects and high-low texture)
- Oushak (3 new additions)
(Hand knotted/100% premium wool; Turkish-style weave; influenced by antique Oushak designs)
- Elara (2 new additions)
(Hand knotted/combination of premium wool & Silkette™; Tibetan weave; loop-and-pile texture; tonal colorations; hand carved for a three-dimensional look and feel)
- Natori Lhasa (3 new additions)
(Hand knotted/wool-Silkette™ blend; modern abstract textile designs by fashion icon Josie Natori; features subdued colorations & dimensional high-low carving)
K2 is a new series of eight more popularly priced rug collections, and while still high quality and handcrafted, K2 represents a totally new category for the Kalaty brand. Currently included in the K2 series are the following eight collections:
- Aero – Textural and tonal, simple yet elegant. Handcrafted in an all-loop Lori-Loom™ weave using 100% Silkette™ yarns on a cotton backing.
- Andes – Handcrafted in a Lori-Loom ™ weave, double-sided rugs combining the soft textures of cotton chenille yarns with the graphic appeal of contemporary and Southwestern stripes in an appealing combination of elements.
- Jardin – An eclectic assemblage of fashion-forward transitional and contemporary rug patterns meticulously handcrafted in a Lori-Loom™ weave using only the softest cotton chenille yarns.
- Meridian – Simple, sophisticated good looks coupled with the design flexibility of solid-color rugs. Handcrafted in a Lori-Loom™ weave using a creative mix of wool and Silkette™ featuring a striated look with natural abrash.
- Seville – Classic patterns fashionably updated for both traditional and transitional décor. Hand-tufted using a combination of wool and Silkette™, there are unique effects from Silkette™ yarns being creatively interspersed throughout each rug.
- Serenity – Handcrafted with a combination of premium wool and Silkette™ in a Lori-Loom™ weave, these tonal horizontal striped designs feature an especially fine loop-and-pile texture along with serene colorations that put a unique twist on an always-stylish classic motif.
- Terra – Handcrafted in a Lori-Loom™ weave using a combination of wool and Silkette™ in a loop-and-pile texture with a natural abrash for a fashion-forward striated look that’s casual and cool, simple yet sophisticated.
- Umbria – An exuberant collection featuring both classic Serapi and Oushak inspirations that are meticulously hand knotted using premium wool yarns in a variety of desirable colorways.