Temporary Exhibitor Space Sold Out For Vegas Summer Market
Las Vegas Market announced that it will offer retailers its largest-ever number of temporary exhibitors, with more than 500 companies showcased in four venues – Pavilions 1 and 2 (gift and home décor) and floors B2 (home furnishings) and C13 (casual/outdoor) – at the Summer 2016 Las Vegas Market, July 31-August 4, 2016.
“Las Vegas Market continues to generate unprecedented growth within the furniture, gift and home décor categories,” said Scott Eckman, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Furniture Leasing. “Record demand for permanent showroom space prompted the launch of our dedicated temporary venue, The Pavilions, just one year ago. Today we have the largest-ever presentation of temporary exhibitors across market – doubling our space in The Pavilions, our new casual/outdoor temporary exhibits on C13 and sold-out home furnishings temporary exhibits on B2 for the seventh market in a row.”
The sold-out, 37,000-square-foot home furnishings temporary presentation on B2 will feature more than 100 exhibitors, including more than 20 newcomers. Key new resources include American Dining & Seating LLC; West Africa-based Gaban Wood Hub; GTR Leather; a Guatemalan Pavilion featuring a collection of Guatemalan manufacturers; Hugo Park; and Millcraft Handcrafted Furniture.
The new casual/outdoor temporary exhibits on C13 also welcome more than 20 newcomers to the Summer 2016 Market. First-time home furnishings firms showcasing casual and outdoor merchandise at Las Vegas Market include Napoleon; Pottery Pots USA; Royal Teak Collection; Summerset Casual; and The Outdoor Plus.
Last year’s relocation of temporary gift and home décor exhibits from Building C to The Pavilions at Las Vegas has led to skyrocketing numbers of temporary exhibitors. Nearly 400 exhibitors – including nearly 150 exhibitors who are first-time participants in Las Vegas Market – will be featured in the GIFT, HOME, DESIGN and HANDMADE categories in Pavilion 1; and another almost 70 more exhibitors will be presented in Discoveries: The Antique Vintage Marketplace in Pavilion 2.
GIFT, representing the single largest section, will feature more than 175 exhibitors for Summer Market. Most recently confirmed exhibitors include Anika Dali; Art Studio Yurana; Giftsland; Goverre; Louis Sherry; Lovewild Design; and Omy Design & Play. HANDMADE, with 50+ exhibitors, is sold out for Summer Market. Recently confirmed exhibitors are: Avant Garde Paris; Bittersweet Springs; Karen Ambellan; NOMAglass; Rivet + Rust; and Verbena Botanicals. The curated DESIGN section also is growing steadily, and has doubled in size since the Winter Market. Newcomers for Summer Market include Lexon USA and Phaidon.
Highlights of HOME include the debut of B HOME, a new curated luxury showcase of high-end furniture and home décor products targeted at specialty boutique retailers and interior designers; and the Artisanal LA (ALA) pop-up showcase highlighting handcrafted, handmade, unique artisan and maker products from the Los Angeles area. Among HOME’s nearly 80 resources are newly confirmed exhibitors including: Gibson Décor LLC; LevArt Design; Wild Wings LLC; and Westport Linens, featuring a new collection with Panama Jack. The B HOME luxury showcase premiere will showcase newcomers including Authentic Models; Bedroom Glam by Malaysia Pargo; Australian-based Sanctuary Studio; Summit Rugs; Vertigo Interiors; and Wish Designs USA.
In Pavilion 2, DISCOVERIES: The Antique Vintage Marketplace continues to expand, with a 60% increase in resources for Summer Market, including a 40% jump in exhibitors showing jewelry and cash-and-carry merchandise. More than 65 companies, including 16 newcomers, are showing in DISCOVERIES, including Bobo Intriguing Objects, which is expanding to a nearly 5,000-square-foot presentation. Other notable exhibitors include Rust N Dust; Spellbound Collections/Rodeo Collections, and additional exhibitors from Round Top, TX. Two on-site shippers—Distinguished Transport, offering white glove service, and UPS—will be available to accommodate the shipping needs of buyers making on-site purchases from DISCOVERIES.
Beyond exhibits, the four areas with temporary exhibits will offer retailers a variety of amenities and activities, including free daily breakfast at the Pavilions and complimentary beer and wine each afternoon on B2 and C13. Exclusive “Destination Tours,” on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, will introduce buyers to top temporary resources in categories such as casual/outdoor, antique/vintage, handmade, socially responsible/eco-friendly and more. A series of seminars, addressing personal care product trends, cross marketing and retail floristry, as well as special curated tours showcasing museum products, hospital gift shop and antique/vintage finds, also will be offered for buyers in both Pavilions.
- Late Night Shopping at The Pavilions & DISCOVERIES: The Antique Vintage Marketplace, Sunday, 5:00-7:00pm; a special evening of late night shopping and adult beverages, with doors open until 7pm and complimentary cocktails from 2:00 to 7:00 pm in both venues. Food court and food trucks will be open offering food for purchase.
- Seminar on Cross-Marketing Secrets for The Small-Business Entrepreneur by Jo Packham of Where Women Create, Sunday, 1:00-2:00pm, in the Pavilions Seminar Room, North End of Pavilion 1.
- Seminar on Retail Floristry Makeover by Dutch American designer, instructor and author, René van Rems, AIFD, sponsored by Real Local Florists, Monday, 2:30-3:30pm, in the Pavilions Seminar Room, North End of Pavilion 1
- Curated tour of DISCOVERIES with Jo Packham of Where Women Create, Monday, 1:00-2:00pm, Pavilion 2; RSVP required at www.lasvegasmarket.com/events.
- A Healthcare Gift Guide: Top Picks for Hospital Gift Shops tour led by Tina Pridgeon and hosted by Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals, Sunday, 2:30-4:00pm; RSVP required as groups are limited to 20 buyers; www.lasvegasmarket.com/events.
- Seminar on 5 Hot Trends in Personal Care Products- What’s New? What’s Next? by Allan Share of the Day Spa Association and Patti Biro of Patti Biro and Associates; hosted by the Day Spa Association and IMC, Sunday, 3:00-4:00pm in Pavilions Seminar Room, North End of Pavilion 1.
- A Curated Docent Tour – Top Museum Store Product led by Barbara Lenhardt, Director of Retail Operations at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and hosted by the Museum Store Association and IMC, Monday, 10:30am-12:00pm; RSVP required as groups are limited to 20 buyers; www.lasvegasmarket.com/events.
The Pavilions and DISCOVERIES run Sunday through Wednesday, with staggered show hours on all four days: Sunday, July 31, from 9am to 7pm, Monday and Tuesday, August 1-2, from 9am to 6pm, and Wednesday, August 3, from 9am to 4pm. The Pavilions and DISCOVERIES are closed on Thursday, August 4. Casual temporary exhibits on C13 are open 8am to 6pm from Sunday, July 31, through Wednesday, August 3; and 8am to 4pm on Thursday, August 4. Furniture temporaries on B2 are open 9am to 6pm from Sunday, July 31, through Wednesday, August 3; and 8am to 2pm on Thursday, August 4.
Las Vegas Market is the leading furniture, home decor and gift marketplace in the western U.S., presenting 3,100+ gift, home décor and furniture resources in an unrivaled market destination. Las Vegas Market features thousands of gift, furniture and home décor lines, allowing for cross-category commerce among these industries. Summer 2016 Las Vegas Market runs July 31-August 4. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.