Vegas Design Center Announces 2019 ANDYZ Winners
Las Vegas Design Center (LVDC) announced today the 10 winners of the fifth annual ANDYZ design awards, a program created in partnership with the California Central/Nevada Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) to spotlight the year’s best projects from western-based interior designers, architects, and design students. The winners will be recognized at a celebration on Sunday, July 28, during Summer 2019 Las Vegas Market.
“Las Vegas Design Center and Las Vegas Market are delighted to partner with ASID to offer the ANDYZ awards for the fifth straight year,” said Dorothy Belshaw, executive vice president, chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers. “LVDC and Las Vegas Market provide residential, commercial and hospitality designers a single destination to shop and source the latest high-quality and fashion-forward furnishings and accessories and we are proud to showcase the best of these works through the ANDYZ awards.”
The ANDYZ awards, named to bear a resemblance to “Annual Nevada Design,” were created in 2015 to recognize exceptional design from designers and design firms. Interior design projects in residential, commercial and hospitality categories were judged by a panel of ASID board members and by an editorial member from first-time media sponsor Furniture, Lighting and Décor, on five main criteria: presentation; innovation/creative use of space; scale and functionality; aesthetics; and overall execution.
The 2019 ANDYZ awards winners are:
- Best Commercial Space Design: Kathleen Jennison of KTJ Design Co. in Stockton, California
- Best Custom Furnishings/Product Design: Emily Esposito of E. Esposito Interiors in Truckee, California
- Best Hospitality Space Design: Karen Buttrum (Interior Designer) and Casey Clark (Architect) of MBA Architecture and Interior Design in Reno, Nevada
- Best Individual Residential Design: Miche Montiero of Benning Design Construction in Sacramento, California
- Best Multiple Residential Space Design: Emily Esposito of E. Esposito Interiors in Truckee, California
- Best Outdoor Space Design: Daniel Coletti of Sun West Custom Homes in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Best Residential Bathroom Design: Amy Klosterman of AB Design Elements in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Best Residential Kitchen Design: Daniel Coletti of Sun West Custom Homes in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Best Showroom Design: Jennifer Lanna of Jennifer Lanna Design in Redondo Beach, California
- Best Student Design: Britt Cook of the University of Nevada
The 2019 ANDYZ Awards Celebration will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, in the seminar room (C174) on the first floor of Building C. Designers and industry suppliers are invited to enjoy a champagne toast with the winners at this free event. Learn more about the ANDYZ Award Celebration at www.lasvegasmarket.com//plan/events/s19-events/andyz-awards-celebration.
Las Vegas Design Center is located on the first two floors of Building A on the World Market Center Las Vegas campus and is home to nearly 30 to-the-trade showrooms showcasing more than 120 product lines. LVDC resources include designer-centric furniture, fabrics, lighting, floor covering, wall décor, decorative accessories, and kitchen and bath resources. Notable Las Vegas Design Center showrooms include Capel Rugs; Eastern Accents; Global Views; European Kitchen, Bath, Tile and Stone; Norwalk Furniture, Phillips Collection; Vanguard Furniture; Visual Comfort and Wendover Art. LVDC showrooms are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holiday closures.
Las Vegas Market is the leading home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting 4,300+ furniture, home décor and gift resources in an unrivaled market destination. Las Vegas Market features thousands of furniture, home décor and gift lines, allowing for cross-category commerce among these industries. The Summer 2019 Las Vegas Market runs July 28 – Aug. 1, 2019, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.