Vegas Market To Host IFDA Summit
The International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA) will hold its first Summer Summit in Las Vegas from July 27 to July 29, 2018, coinciding with the Summer 2018 Las Vegas Market.
The summit, which will host the IFDA’s board of directors and Council of Presidents meetings, is an educational and networking opportunity for professionals in the furnishings and design industry. The Summer 2018 Las Vegas Market is July 29 to Aug. 2, 2018.
“We are pleased to be collaborating with the Las Vegas Market for IFDA’s annual strategy meetings of the International Board of Directors and Council of Presidents, as well as two days of programming on the Market campus for our members and guests,” said IFDA President Penny Sikalis. “With IMC’s generosity and the vibrancy of the Market itself, we’re able to bring tremendous value to our constituents and the design community.”
The Summer Summit will offer educational programs to IFDA members and colleagues that will include the latest industry issues, while connecting potential business partners, vendors and fellow professionals. Keynote speaker Mike Peterson, president of Vision Marketing, will lead two business branding workshops on Saturday, July 28. Networking will continue at IFDA’s gala reception and dinner at the Stratosphere’s “Top of the World.” To register to attend the afternoon and evening events, visit www.ifda.com.
Summit Agenda: Friday, July 27
- 2 – 5 p.m.: IFDA Board of Directors meeting (by invitation) Saturday, July 28
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.: Continental breakfast for Board of Directors and Council of Presidents (by invitation)
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Council of Presidents meeting (by invitation)
- 1 – 2 p.m.: Lunch – Board of Directors and Council of Presidents (by invitation)
- 2 – 4 p.m.: Keynote speaker, Mike Peterson (Open to IFDA members, non-members, guests)
- 4 – 6 p.m.: Enjoy market
- 4 – 6 p.m.: IFDA Educational Foundation board meeting (by invitation)
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.: Evening gala at Stratosphere’s Top of the World (Open IFDA members, non- members and guests)
Sunday, July 29
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: DesignEDGE, IFDA-EF’s educational seminar (Open to IFDA members, non- members and guests)
- 3 – 6 p.m.: Enjoy market
The weekend summit will end with the IFDA Educational Foundation’s second annual DesignEDGE, hosted and sponsored by Las Vegas Market. The regional industry summit was created to advance educational and philanthropic activities within the furnishings and design industries. The event begins at 10 a.m. on Sunday, July 29, with an address by keynote speaker Nolen Niu and will later feature a panel discussion with several leading design, manufacturing and licensing experts. This is Las Vegas Market’s second year as the DesignEDGE keynote sponsor and the first year as host of the event. To register to attend DesignEDGE, visit www.ifdaef.org.